Thursday 30 March 2017

Rise (Trifecta #1)

By Luis Almonte

I was so conflicted for the first half of this book. It starts off pretty well in the prologue and then not much happens for the first 100 pages or so. It wasn't boring, just nothing exciting happened. However, as soon as Alexia enters the Trials, it is full of action and is like a different book which I found difficult to put down. Towards the end, the character of Kaleb is explored a bit more, which gives him a purpose, as I thought he was pretty pointless to begin with. All in all, a good read. I will definitely read the next one in the series, but only because the amazing second half made up for for the not so amazing first half.

Date read: November 2016
Rating: 8/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Night Book

By Richard Madeley I didn't expect to enjoy this at all but I was pleasantly surprised!  Despite having read a review with spoilers ...