Thursday 30 March 2017

Cradle and All

By James Patterson


I was initially going to give this 3 stars but I thought the ending was brilliant and I did not expect it at all.

This is the first proper novel by James Patterson that I've read, and having heard so much about him I was a bit disappointed. His writing style is very poor. I felt as if the whole book was rushed and not very detailed, and the chapters were so short it was annoying. The book follows various different characters and you don't even get the chance to connect with them before the chapter ends - most of them only lasted two or three pages.

The novel itself was so unrealistic and unbelievable. I did notice a few plot holes, one of which was when a character was viciously attacked but then their injuries are never mentioned again and they seem fine for the rest of the book. As I mentioned though I did really enjoy the ending and it had a really good twist.

Date read: February 2017

Rating: 5/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Night Book

By Richard Madeley I didn't expect to enjoy this at all but I was pleasantly surprised!  Despite having read a review with spoilers ...