Thursday 30 March 2017

The Passenger

By Lisa Lutz
This was nothing like I expected it to be but I still couldn't put it down! I can't believe I didn't read it sooner! It was so good.

I'll admit for the first few pages I didn't think I was going to enjoy it. But as soon as Tanya/Amelia or whatever you want to call her goes on the run, the suspense didn't stop and I couldn't put the book down.

I really liked Tanya as the main character. It was interesting to see her original backstory detailed in the emails throughout the book, although I was a bit confused to begin with. As the book goes on, a lot of things become clear, like why she ran away when she found her husband dead rather than report it to the police. Blue was another good character, but she wasn't in it as much as the blurb suggested. It was nice to see her return at the end of the book.

As I read the last few pages I thought that the book was ending nicely, and then something got revealed that I wasn't expecting at all. It put the events of the whole book in perspective and made everything make much more sense. I couldn't believe it.

I'd say the book was a bit far-fetched but that did not stop me enjoying it.  It was total escapism.  I would definitely read more by the author.

Date read: January 2017
Rating: 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Night Book

By Richard Madeley I didn't expect to enjoy this at all but I was pleasantly surprised!  Despite having read a review with spoilers ...