Thursday 30 March 2017

The Diabolic

By S.J. Kincaid
This was quite good and I’m so glad it is a standalone instead of the first book in a series. It was nice to actually read a book and not have to wait for another year or two before finding out what happens. The ending was quite satisfying I thought, and there were no parts where it was dragged out to make the story last longer.


Having said that, it wasn’t perfect. The romance felt quite forced and unbelievable but as Nemesis is a diabolic this makes sense on her part. Many of the characters seem to drop like flies and no one seems to care. The world building was quite sketchy as well – it was like places were just given names but none other details. This lack of good world building is another reason I’m glad this is a standalone. The world didn’t really pull me in and so I’m not sure I’d want to invest time in reading more if it was series.

Date read: January 2017
Rating: 6/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Night Book

By Richard Madeley I didn't expect to enjoy this at all but I was pleasantly surprised!  Despite having read a review with spoilers ...