Thursday 30 March 2017

Graduation Day (The Testing #3)

By Joelle Charbenneau

***MINOR SPOILER ALERT***

WHAT THE HELL????????
I loved the first two books but this one was awful in comparison. The first half dragged for what felt like forever and was basically just Cia saying "okay this is what I have to do but how do I do it??" over and over again, along with the recaps about what happened to the world before the book began. It was so slow. Then, the second half felt so rushed. It would have been better if the first half was shortened and the last half lengthened. 

The plot was so unbelievable. To think that the president gives Cia such a challenging mission when she has so many others that can do it is just ridiculous. The two deaths at the end were so predictable and I knew that both of them were going to happen way before they did. One of them was so similar to the one at the end of the Hunger Games it was unbelievable. 

Having said that, there was a nice little twist towards the end that I didn't see coming, but because I was so disappointed with the book as a whole this didn't save it for me.

Date read: January 2017
Rating: 3/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Night Book

By Richard Madeley I didn't expect to enjoy this at all but I was pleasantly surprised!  Despite having read a review with spoilers ...